This privacy and cookie statement applies to all activities of the Nederlandse Kappersakademie Group, including Education, Hair Salons, Haarkracht, and Shop.kappersakademie.nl.
Nederlandse Kappersakademie understands that you do not want to share your personal and study data with everyone. Therefore, Nederlandse Kappersakademie handles this information carefully. Nederlandse Kappersakademie complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Nederlandse Kappersakademie does need your data to assist you properly. In this statement, we explain which data Nederlandse Kappersakademie needs from you and how it is used.
Storage of your data
Nederlandse Kappersakademie stores the personal data it receives from you or your employer. This includes data that Nederlandse Kappersakademie receives when you sign up for a course, request a brochure, subscribe to a newsletter, or contact Nederlandse Kappersakademie by phone or email. It also includes data that Nederlandse Kappersakademie stores when you make a reservation by phone or online for a hair treatment in one of the salons.
We collect and store the following personal data, among others:
- Name (first and last name), address, and other contact information.
- Data related to the course for which you have registered, including payment details.
- Your feedback on the course or hair treatment and other information you provide.
- Personal data regarding your course, such as your attendance, any results, and whether you have completed the course (successfully).
- Performed treatments and purchased (care) products in one of our hair salons or webshop.
Use of your data
Nederlandse Kappersakademie uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Registration and administrative processing of your participation in the chosen course.
- Provision of the chosen course.
- Conducting analyses to improve the services of Nederlandse Kappersakademie.
- Providing advice on a course to follow.
- Keeping you informed about all our services and products.
- Sending you the requested documents/information and responding to your inquiries.
- Complying with the applicable education laws and regulations prescribed by the government.
- Nederlandse Kappersakademie anonymizes the personal data it uses for analysis purposes. In our analyses, you are therefore unidentifiable.
- Nederlandse Kappersakademie may provide your personal data to its accreditation organizations. In order to obtain and maintain accreditation for a course, Nederlandse Kappersakademie is legally obliged to occasionally provide access to personal data to the committees responsible for accreditation. Nederlandse Kappersakademie minimizes this disclosure to the extent required by law.
- In some cases, Nederlandse Kappersakademie collaborates with external service providers, such as teachers and examination boards. They may only use your data for the execution of services that are in the interest of your education. They are not allowed to contact you for other purposes or disclose your data to other parties.
- Finally, it may be necessary for Nederlandse Kappersakademie to share your data with government agencies or other parties due to legal obligations. In such cases, Nederlandse Kappersakademie only shares the strictly necessary data.
Newsletter and subscriber database
With our newsletters, we inform interested individuals about news related to our services and everything associated with them. Nederlandse Kappersakademie will only add your email address to its subscriber list if you provide consent. Each newsletter contains a link that allows you to unsubscribe and/or modify your preferences.
Security and retention period of your data
Nederlandse Kappersakademie protects your personal data against misuse and unauthorized access using the available techniques at this time. Nederlandse Kappersakademie retains your personal data for as long as it is legally required. In order to improve its services, Nederlandse Kappersakademie may retain your data for a longer period, but in such cases, Nederlandse Kappersakademie will always anonymize the data.
Accessing, correcting, updating, and deleting your data.
You are always entitled to access and/or correct or update your personal data. Additionally, you can request that Nederlandse Kappersakademie delete your data and cease using it. In some cases, you can indicate that you want Nederlandse Kappersakademie to restrict the use of your data. If you wish to perform any of the above actions, please contact us by phone. Nederlandse Kappersakademie will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case, within 4 weeks. If you want your data to be deleted, Nederlandse Kappersakademie will first check if this is legally permitted. If Nederlandse Kappersakademie is not yet allowed to delete your data according to the law, they will inform you and indicate the next possible moment when they can delete your data.
Use and functioning of cookies
Adjusting cookie settings
FUNCTIONING OF FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Nederlandse Kappersakademie uses functional cookies for the proper functioning of the website. For example, they ensure that Nederlandse Kappersakademie quickly displays the correct information when you visit their website. Functional cookies are always placed on your computer, and you will not be prompted to give consent for them.
Functional cookies used by Nederlandse Kappersakademie:
- Online reservation cookie
Thanks to the online reservation cookie, you can log in for online reservations in the salon.
- Google Tag Manager
This script is used for website analytics to gain insight into the effectiveness and quality of the website. It also manages all analytics and tracking cookies, ensuring compliance with regulations.
FUNCTIONING OF ANALYTICAL COOKIES
Nederlandse Kappersakademie uses analytical cookies to analyze how visitors use their website, such as how often the website is visited, which page visitors arrive on, and which pages are clicked the most. This information is used by Nederlandse Kappersakademie to improve the website. Analytical cookies are also always placed on your computer.
Analytical cookies used by Nederlandse Kappersakademie:
- Hotjar cookie
The Hotjar cookie tracks your clicks on the website, allowing Nederlandse Kappersakademie to improve the website experience. Read the Hotjar Privacy Statement to learn how Hotjar ensures the privacy of this data.
- Google Analytics cookie
The Google Analytics cookie tracks how you use the website. Nederlandse Kappersakademie uses this information for internet usage reports. After accepting advertising cookies, Google Analytics audiences are also shared with Google AdWords to display ads that may be of interest to you on Google's partner sites. Read the Google Privacy Statement to learn how Google ensures the privacy of this data.
FUNCTIONING OF ADVERTISING COOKIES
You will receive a notification for advertising cookies. In this notification, you can give consent to place these cookies. After your consent, Nederlandse Kappersakademie allows third parties to place advertising cookies on its website. Nederlandse Kappersakademie also places advertising cookies on third-party websites. The information from these advertising cookies may be combined by Nederlandse Kappersakademie. This is done so that, based on your online activities, they can show you ads that may be of interest to you. Nederlandse Kappersakademie does this on its own site and on sites of other parties.
Advertising cookies used by Nederlandse Kappersakademie:
- Doubleclick cookie
The Doubleclick cookie tracks which pages you view on our website so that (after accepting advertising cookies) Nederlandse Kappersakademie and other parties can display ads on their (partner) websites that may be of interest to you, such as a personalized offer. Read the Doubleclick Privacy Statement to learn how Doubleclick ensures the privacy of this data.
- Facebook cookie
The Facebook cookie tracks which pages you visit on our website so that Nederlandse Kappersakademie (after accepting advertising cookies) can show you ads on Facebook that may be of interest to you, such as a personalized offer. It also allows Nederlandse Kappersakademie to see if you came to their website through a Facebook advertisement. Read the Facebook Privacy Statement to learn how Facebook ensures the privacy of this data.
- Google AdWords cookie
The Google AdWords cookie measures through which ad you enter our website. Read the Google Privacy Statement to learn how Google ensures the privacy of this data.
- Bing cookie
The Bing cookie measures through which ad you enter our website. Read the Bing Privacy Statement to learn how Bing ensures the privacy of this data.
- LinkedIn cookie
The LinkedIn cookie tracks which pages you visit so that Nederlandse Kappersakademie (after accepting advertising cookies) can show you ads on LinkedIn that may be of interest to you, such as a personalized offer. It also allows Nederlandse Kappersakademie to see if you came to their website through a LinkedIn advertisement. Read the LinkedIn Privacy Statement to learn how LinkedIn ensures the privacy of this data.
Changes to Privacy and Cookie Statement
Nederlandse Kappersakademie may make changes to this privacy and cookie statement. If you would like to know how Nederlandse Kappersakademie protects and uses your data and which cookies Nederlandse Kappersakademie uses for which purposes, we recommend that you regularly read this privacy and cookie statement. Nederlandse Kappersakademie last updated this privacy and cookie statement on April 12, 2023.